At Compass, you design your own personalized learning experience. Our flexible fee structure lets you pay only for the classes and support you want, at a fraction of the cost of private school or lessons.
Compass has three levels of membership. Each level offers a different amount of support to guide you on your learning path. Within each membership level, you can select as many classes as you want per week.
Compass has three terms per year, each lasting 12 weeks. Sign up for one at a time or for the whole year.
- Winter: January 8th, 2018 – March 16th, 2018 (10 week term)
- Spring: March 26th, 2018 – June 14th, 2018 (12 week term)
Compass has something for everyone! From our low-cost Taster, a versatile Classy, or an immersive Seeker. Classy & Seeker classes can be split among members of the same family (after split-membership fees). Compass can also facilitate Tutoring and Coaching via our in-house tutors and through our extended network of specialists and educators.
- Taster (2 classes) – $25/wk (non-members)
- Classy 3 – $30/wk (plus membership)
- Classy 6 – $60/wk (plus membership)
- Classy 9 – $85/wk (plus membership)
- Classy 12 – $100/wk (plus membership)
- Seeker 3 – $97.50/wk (plus membership)
- Seeker 6 – $122.50/wk (plus membership)
- Seeker 9 – $142.50/wk (plus membership)
- Seeker 12 – $162.50/wk (plus membership)
Membership for 1 child = $225 + your package of choice
Membership for 2 children = $360 + your package of choice
Membership for 3 or more children = $472.50 + your package of choice
Additional +1 class – $12/wk
Tutoring 1 hours/week – $35/wk (must commit to a whole term)
Coaching (not a term commitment) – $55/hour
What’s it all mean?
Most kids who come to Compass classes stay on for community time, but not all do. We realised that those who stay do so because they like to visit with friends and staff, participate in clubs, or just hang out in the common room working on their projects. This kind of experience is what we want Compass to be for its members. We have plans to enhance this by adding outdoor-based community time, field trips, ongoing projects, pop-up workshops, and more! Yet, we also want Compass to be open to those who just come to class.
With this in mind, we are adding a Taster category. Tasters may come in for one day during which they can take up to two classes. Tasters are welcome to stay for community time, but there will be some limitations to their participation in other activities.
Classy members are now full Compass members. A membership fee is being added to this category, but as you can see, the benefits of membership are great. They include things like the option of adding classes, tutoring or coaching, involvement in community meetings with input on future classes and activities, and full access to the Compass space and staff.
Coaching is something new that we are adding this term. There have been times when families haven’t felt the need for ongoing mentoring, but would like help with a specific task, like setting up online courses, or help with writing a resume. Members will now be able to ask to set up a time to meet with one of the staff members privately, to discuss and get assistance in achieving a specific goal.
The Seeker category is an enhanced membership option. It includes 1:1 mentoring sessions with a Compass staff member. Compass mentoring includes consistent engaged follow-through during the week in the form of nurturing self-directed learning skills, curriculum support, assistance in setting up online learning, setting up apprenticeships, guidance with university or college applications, and more as appropriate to each individual.
- Access to Compass from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (no class Thursday – Sunday)
- Up to two classes per day of an hour each
- An hour of screen-free Compass Community Time per day
- Access to Compass 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (no class Friday-Sunday)
- Up to three classes per day of 1.5 hour each
- Compass Community Time
- All registered Compass Members and Tasters are welcome to sit in on any class during the first week of Term in order to finalize their class choices. Please note that while you can always increase the number of classes you are taking either by an ‘add on’ or by moving up to the next package, it is not possible to move to a package with fewer classes.*Due to the extended costs of planning for, and running a class, credits or refunds may only be given in exceptional circumstances, and at the discretion of the Board.